Monday 12 March 2012

Evaluation, question 5

How did you attract/address your audience?

Firstly to attract and address my target audience, I must find out who my target audience are, looking at my media product I can see that it will attract a young audience because of the type of genre it is of horror. I take this to a age group of 15 to the age of 29 this is a large gap in the age difference of my audience therefor I would label them in the social category of D. reason for this is that I picture my audience having part time jobs while they are working at college. Reason for my assuming this, is that the film contains stereotypical factors that these audience members are attracted to, this shows that my media product is a success in how I address my target audience.

A way of attracting my audience is that I have found is viral advertising, for this I will be setting up posters and props from the production all over where my target audience will be found, at colleges and schools across the region. Things like knifes will be on the counters of shops inside school and colleges with the film’s title ‘Stab’ writing on the side of it. And posters of just a body (the killer in the film) and a question under the body asking if students have seen this man. And not forgetting the title are realise date of the product on the poster as well.

This idea of attracting my audience was inspired by the advertising campaign of District 9, this film also advertised in this way (viral). This is some of the viral advertising they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment