Monday 12 March 2012

Character profile
When I was producing the media production I wanted a character that was pure evil, someone who could kill insistent people and the audience would still love him. This was the task I as a director was faced with and was willing to accept. For this character in my production ‘the man’ (note that he has no name, to reflect on his secrecy) had to have characteristics of other characters that I have seen from other productions from the big six.
Firstly I was inspired by the insanity of the character Hannibal lector of the film silence of the lambs, this character is one that audience’s all over the world are still scared of even though it is an old production, and even though they are scared of him,  the audience still love him. Even I am unsure of this reason but my guess is that, we want the character to live on so that we able ourselves to be scared of him, we allow ourselves to be terrified of him.

Secondly I was inspired by two other characters which will explain the secrecy of my character, the thing I find with the genre of horror is that is you are unsure of a character (the unknown) then you are scared of it, but the audience love a secret and love that feeling of wanting to know who a person really is, for the inspiration part of it was the character joker in the film the dark knight, opening scene. The other character that is really secretive and that nobody knows his true identity is the character ‘Stig’ from a program on BBC I watch called top gear, audience’s all over the world tune in and watch top gear to know who this character is and he is never reviled to the audience, this is a very effected way of getting people to watch your media product so I had to use it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OYBEquZ_j0

No comments:

Post a Comment