Thursday 15 December 2011

Evaluation, question 4

4. Who would be the target audience for your media product?

My media product would cover a very wide range of audience, however if I am to look very closely at my main viewers of my film, I would have go say, in the social grid my product would be looking at a grade C1 to a class of D. the reason for this is these classes are where we are most likely to come across teenagers that are between the ages of 14 to 21, however this is only my main target audience, I could also interpret that lower social class adults (grade D and lower) would also watch this film.

The reason my main target audience are teenagers is that within the mise-en-scene are these characters that the audience can relate to, for they are stereotypical and make the audience already know how they feel due to characters facial expressions.

Because of the films very dark side/horror to it my target audience are the kind of teenagers that love to scare them selves and enjoy the thrill of watching characters they can relate to, going through tasks that they would never dream of. Due to the dark humour in the opening, my target audience are also the type of teenagers that enjoy dark stuff; things like rock music and spend there time going to rock concerts for as the do with film enjoy the dark thrill. As I look deeper into my target audience I look at things like there diet, where they might eat, this is for purposes like advertising (seeing my film posters at there favour places to eat), I assume that with these conventions in mind, that there eating habits would be bad, things like fast foods, pizzas ect.  

The reason why these kind of people, my target audience, would by this media product, is mainly the fact that it deals with a issue that these people most likely go to bed and think about, these people I assume fantasise about catching a killer and saving the day, most of all being a hero, not only my target audience but everyone wants to be a hero. This is why they would go out there and see/buy my media product, so they can take it away and learn of what they think being a hero to defeat darkness is all about.

To back up my point I will be having interviews/ getting feedback with some of my target audience during the week and seeing what they thought of my media product. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment